Friday, July 31, 2009

My Voki



Creating a Voki avatar, what an interesting experience. I felt like a child playing dress ups. Having created my first avatar with ease I can see that these would be useful tools for most ages, if this took me back to my child hood, I don’t see why students as young as year 2 could not successfully create one. What an interesting and fun way to embed ICT’s into learning experiences.

The year 2 class that I am currently working with have just learnt all about earthworms and have built a worm farm. Part of their learning experience is to explain what they have done. Wouldn’t it be great if they each created an avatar that announced to the world the knowledge they have gained through this authentic learning experience. They could all then be saved and presented to their parents as a culminating activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment